Acumen Dental of Philadelphia, LLC
Dr. Fjoralba Thoma, DMD
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR DOCTOR
During this time of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, it is very normal to feel uncomfortable when thinking about going in for any dental treatment. I want you to know that here at Acumen Dental we have worked very hard to make sure that we have taken all the necessary precautions prior to reopening on June 2, 2020. Protecting the health and wellness of our patients and employees continues to be our top priority and therefore we are taking infection control to a whole new level.
Here is what we have implemented so far:
1. For starters, we have doubled down on our stringent cleanliness policies by wiping down all hard surfaces with a broad-spectrum disinfectant in and outside the clinical areas.
2. The new floors we installed in our office last year allow for better and easier cleaning with disinfectant solutions.
3. You can expect a call/email from us the day before your appointment with pre-screening questions.
4. The day of your visit we will follow a NO-WAIT reception area by using parking lot text/call check-in instead (family members will have to wait in the car during treatment).
5. We ask that you wear a mask prior to entering the office.
6. Several hand-sanitizing stations have been installed including the waiting room.
7. We will be doing a temperature check of you along with a COVID-19 health related questionnaire.
8. Physical-distance or over the phone scheduling policies have been implemented as well.
9. No Walk-ins! Patients with emergencies will have to call ahead of time to be scheduled for an appointment.
10. To manage aerosols we are using additional high volume suction devices, pre-procedural mouth Rinses and our staff will be wearing N95 masks, disposable gowns, face shields and head covers.
11. Each treatment room and the reception areas are equipped with several new high-end air purification units to re-circulate the air every 8 minutes.
12. Finally, we have installed an upgraded air filter in our HVAC unit and have placed an additional commercial grade Ion Air Purifier that uses needlepoint cold plasma ionization through the HVAC system.
You can be sure that we are going above and beyond all CDC guidelines to protect the health of you and your family.
Thank you for putting your trust in us!
Dr. Fjoralba Thoma
Hours of operation
(June 30th- August 31st)
Sunday, Monday– Closed
Tuesday, Thursday 7:30am – 3pm
Wednesday 11:00am – 7pm
Friday 7:30am – 2pm
Saturday– by appointment only